Spaceship Earth gold Spacecraft Earth is a world view term usually conjunctival phrase concern over the use of limited resources disponible Earth and Encouraging everyone on it to act as a harmonious crew Working Toward The Greater Good.
The earliest known work  is a passage in Henry George ’s best known work, Progress and Poverty  (1879). From book IV, chapter 2:
It is a well-provisioned ship, this one on which we sail through space. If the bread and beef on the market, we have a new market. And this is what they are doing. „This is mine!“
George Orwell later paraphrases Henry George in The Road to Wigan Pier :
The world is a raft sailing through space, potentially, plenty of provisions for everybody; it seems that it would not be possible to accept the idea that it would be possible to accept that he had some corrupt motive for clinging to the present system.
In 1965 Adlai Stevenson made a famous speech in which he said:
We travel together, passengers on a small space ship all committed to our safety and security; The only thing we can do, the work, and the love we give our fragile craft. We can not maintain it half fortunate, half miserable, half confidant, half despairing, half slave-to-the-former enemies of man-half in a liberation of resources undreamed of until this day. No craft, no crew with such vast contradictions. Their resolution depends on the survival of us all. 
The following year, Spaceship Earth became the title of a Stevenson’s book of friends, the internationally influential economist Barbara Ward .
Also in 1966, Kenneth E. Boulding , who was influenced by Henry George ,  used the phrase in the title of an essay, The Economics of the Coming Spaceship Earth .  Boulding Described the Past open economy of Apparently illimitable resources, qui he Said He Was Tempted To call the „cowboy economy“, and continued: „The closed economy of the future might similarly be called Expired the ’spaceman‘ economy, in qui the earth has become a single spaceship, without unlimited reservoirs of anything, either for extraction or for pollution, and in which, therefore, man must find his place in a cyclical ecological system. ( David Kortenwould take up the „cowboys in a spaceship“ theme in his 1995 book When Corporations Rule the World .
The phrase was also popularized by Buckminster Fuller , who published a book in 1968 under the title of Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth .  This quotation, referring to fossil fuels , reflects his approach:
… we can make all of the world’s scientific and technological successes. We are not so much a world of energy economics. These energy savings have been made in our Spaceship’s life-regeneration-guaranteeing bank account for self-starter functions.
United Nations Secretary-General U Thant spoke of Spaceship Earth on Earth March 21, 1971 at the ceremony of the ringing of the Japanese Peace Bell : „May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Day to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life. “ 
Spaceship Earth is the name Given To the 54.864 m geodesic sphere That greets visitors at the entrance of Walt Disney World ’s Epcot theme park. Housed dans le sphere is a dark ride That reserves to explore the history of communications and Promote Epcot’s founding principles, „[a] belief and pride in man’s Ability to shape a world That offers hope to people everywhere.“  A previous incarnation of the ride, narrated by actor Jeremy Irons and revised in 2008, was explained in its message:
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, we have had a brief time in the world, and we have had a great deal of time in the world. between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth. 
David Deutsch has pointed out that the picture of the earth is a friendly „spaceship“ is difficult to defend even in metaphorical sense. The Earth is harsh and survival is constant struggle for life, including all species extinction . Humans would not be able to live in the most areas where they are living as if they are living in a city or city, such as heating, water supply, etc. 
The term „Spaceship Earth“ is frequently used on the labels of Emanuel Bronner’s products to refer to the Earth.
- Nicola Armaroli , Vincenzo Balzani : Energy for a Sustainable World – From the Oil Age to a Sun-Powered Future , Wiley-VCH 2011, ISBN 978-3-527-32540-5 .
- Nicola Armaroli, Vincenzo Balzani and Nick Serpone: Powering Planet Earth – Energy Solutions for the Future , Wiley-VCH 2013, ISBN 978-3-527-33409-4 .
- Italian original edition: Energia for the Astronave Terra-Quanta ne usiamo, as produciamo, che cosa ci riserva il futuro , Zanichelli 2008, ISBN 978-88-08-06391-5 .
- Sabine Höhler: Spaceship Earth in the Environmental Age, 1960-1990 (History and Philosophy of Technoscience, 4). London: Pickering & Chatto 2015, ISBN 978-1-84893-509-9 .
- Overview effect
- Global citizenship
- Gaia hypothesis
- Spaceship Earth (Epcot)
- Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen
- Global catastrophic risk
- Planetary boundaries
- World community
- Sharing economy
- Environmental protection
- The Zeitgeist Movement
- World peace
- Collective intelligence
- Mass collaboration
- Jump up^ Kalen, San (2010). „ECOLOGY COMES OF AGE: NEPA’S LOST MANDATE“ . DUKE ENVIRONMENTAL LAW & POLICY FORUM . 21: 113 (Fall) . Retrieved 5 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ The text on wikisource differs from versions availablehereandhere.
- Jump up^ Speech to the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, July 9, 1965
- Jump up^ King, JE „Economic Exiles“. Palgrave Macmillan, 2014
- Jump up^ Boulding, Kenneth E. (1966). „The Economics of the Coming Spaceship Earth“ . Retrieved 2007-09-07 .
- Jump up^ Fuller, Buckminster (1963). Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth . New York: EP Dutton & Co. ISBN 0-525-47433-1 . The quotation is fromSection 8: The regenerative landscape.
- Jump up^ Lawrence, Lee; John McConnell (July 3, 1999). „Earth Day: Past, Present, Future“ . Wish Only Well . Retrieved 2007-09-07 .
- Jump up^ Korkis, Jim. „WDW Chronicles: 1982 Opening of Epcot Center“. http://allears.net/ae/issue678.htm . External link in( help );
- Jump up^ Irons, Jeremy. „SE Script – Irons Version“. http://www.intercot.com/edc/SpaceshipEarth/spscript.html . External link in( help );
- Jump up^ < David Deutsch (2011). The Beginning of Infinity . ISBN 978-0-14-196969-5 .