Ecotivity is an abbreviation, or blend, of the term, ecological activity . An ecotivity is any activity that promotes the conservation or sustainability of ecosystems and bio-diversity .
In more general terms, an ecotivity can be thought of as any ecologically friendly activity. Ecotivities therefore makes a positive contribution to the crisis of the planet.
Ecotivities include all associated values, actions, and choices for a green consumer, or as an individual living for sustainable living, for example, by recycling or energy efficiency. Ecotivity can also be of political, direct action , hand-on environmental conservation , and creative confrontational acts, which are a means to protect the environment.
Types of ecotivity
- energy conservation
- use of renewable energy
- simple living / sustainable living
- use of alternative transport
- organic farming and other sustainable agriculture
- guerrilla gardening or permaculture
- conservation volunteering
- green politics
- eco blogging
- green or environmental consumerism
- environment education 
- … and other environmentally friendly lifestyle choices
- Ecotivity – a community driven website that promotes awareness of activities, events, tools, ideas and resources.
- Environmental Education Ecotivity – Monteverde Forest Preserve Environmental Education Program using an ecotivity box.
- Jump up^ „Earth Matters Projects“ . Earth Matters. June 29, 2006.