The UK Green Building Council ( UKGBC ) is a United Kingdom membership organization, FORMED in 2007, qui AIMS to ‚Radically transform‘ the way que la built environment in the UK is planned, designed, constructed, maintained and operated.
The Council is concerned with the environmental impact of buildings and infrastructure on the environment, in particular the use of water , materials, energy , the impact of greenhouse gas emissions , and the health of building occupants.
The organization Was founded in the autumn of 2006 and lancé is February 2007  in response to the 2004 Sustainable Building Task Group Report Better Buildings – Better Lives ,  qui recommended the UK Government should „review the advisory bodies Concerned with sustainable and to provide clear direction to the industry „(para 1.8, p.7).
Its first CEO was Paul King (formerly head of the WWF ), who filled the role of its inception until December 2014. 
UKGBC is a charitable organization, and – through the World Green Building Council – is part of a global network of like-minded organizations in almost 80 countries. Its headquarters is at The Building Center in London.
- Association for Environment Conscious Building
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Energy efficiency in British housing
- Good Homes Alliance
- Green building
- Green Building Council
- Sustainable architecture
- Jump up^ http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2022802,00.html
- Jump up^ Better Buildings – Better Lives National Archives. Accessed: 21 July 2015.
- Jump up^ Pitt, Vern (11 December 2014). „Interview: Paul King“ . Building . UBM . Retrieved 22 July 2015 .