The St Andrews Prize for the Environment is an international initiative by the University of St. Andrews in Scotland and the independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips . 
The award recognizes significant contributions to environmental issues and concerns. Applications are invited from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams or community groups. The winning environmental project receives funding of $ 100,000 USD and each of the two runners-up receive $ 25,000 USD. 
List of winners has been taken from the St Andrews Prize website 
- 1999 – Daniel Limpitlaw , of the University of the Witwatersrand , South Africa for work connected to the environmental degradation caused by early mining developments.
- 2000 – Hikmat Hilal and Amer El-Hamouz of An-Najah National University , West Bank for a proposal to turn the waste of olive oil production into useful by-products.
- 2001 – George Odera Outa of the University of Nairobi , Kenya for a community education project to fight the environmental hazards that are choking Lake Victoria .
- 2002 – Monina Escalada of the International Rice Research Institute , Philippines , for an initiative aimed at persuading rice farmers in North Vietnam to stop spraying insecticides .
- 2003 – Bunker Roy , the founder of the Barefoot College , Rajasthan , India , for bringing solar energy to remote Himalayan villages, using so-called ‚barefoot engineers‘.
- 2004 – Conrad Feather Who Worked with the Nahua people of Peru Allowing Them to map Their territory using the latest GPS , photographic, radio and video equipment.
- 2005 – Ian Thorpe, founder of Pump Aid , who has developed the Elephant Pump .
- 2006 – Erika Vohman of the Equilibrium Fund for Maya nut in Central America .
- 2007 – David Manalo and his team for the River, Fiber and Power Project
- 2008 – Elephant Toilet, a sustainable sanitation solution for Africa
- 2009 – One Earth Designs for the development of the SolSource high-performance solar cooker to meet the needs of Himalayan villagers at> 90% energy efficiency
- 2010 – Arsenic removal project
- 2011 – BioLite project
- 2012 – Lion Guardians project
- 2013 – Lucy King beehive fence to control elephants
- 2014 – Vikas Mohan Blue Ventures
- Jump up^ „The St Andrews Prize for the Environment“ . st-andrews.ac.uk .
- Jump up^ „About – The St Andrews Prize for the Environment“ . www.thestandrewsprize.com . Retrieved 16 October 2016 .
- Jump up^ „Winners & Finalists – The St Andrews Prize for the Environment“ . www.thestandrewsprize.com . Retrieved 16 October 2016 .